Thursday 8 March 2007

What's a Kibitz?

Q: What's a kibitzer?

A: A kibitzer is the guy who watches your card game and tells you what to do. He doesn't play, just advises. It's from the Yiddish. The players and definitely the kibitzer are Jewish. A dibitzer is the guy who advises the kibitzer, "Tell him to play that card".

So a kibitz is a piece of unwanted and probably unhelpful advice.

Q: So what's this blog about?

A: It's just a place for me to jot my thoughts, store my links and commentary, and indulge in the odd / regular rant, and do a bit of "creative" writing. What used to be called a "diary", back in the day when we had things called record-players and sent bits of paper with hand-writing on them in envelopes by mail.

Q: So what's in it for me?

A: Unless you are me: Nothing, nil, nada. Go away! Read my other blog. Rack off. Do something useful with yourself. Or go read Reddit.

Q: I'm still here.

A:
That's not a question.

Q: I know, but I'm interested in what you are writing. Can I leave comments?

A:
Well, it's your choice. Yes, you can leave comments, but stop trying to be polite already. This is not the place. Kapeesh? Now, get back to work!

No comments: