- Sport, "and finally:"
I then asked a similar question of my daughter, who has recently commenced kindergarten. Ella's reply:
- How to draw,
- That [another child] is not my friend, and
- That I do not know how to draw.
If you are an experienced programmer, you should read HtDP like this:In short: Great tools, great teaching materials, supportive and experienced community.
I expect that somewhere around late part II, you will slow down. You may pick up real reading as of part III, though some may make it thru III and only "stutter" in IV.
- Read the sections whose title starts with "Designing ...."
- Also read the "iterative refinement" sections
- Pick five exercises in the preceding and/or follow-up section and solve them according to the recipe
- Unless you're stuck move forward
- Try to understand the "symmetry" between data definitions and templates
And holler if you are having trouble -- Matthias
- Use check-expect to express your examples/tests
- Avoid draw.ss exercises, replace them with world.ss but that's a non-trivial switch
We use our skills in software, game design and visual animation to make our customers' business applications more fun (and much more effective).down to a snappy under-five-words tag-line.
"I had to wrestle one boy, to stop him from being mean to another child."Further questioning failed to yield meaningful elaboration. In the absence of calls from the school I guess we'll just have to assume (hope?) that Jake was on the side of the angels.