- Give a good idea to mediocre people and they'll muck it up; give a mediocre idea to good people and they'll fix the idea, or throw it out and get a good one.
- A movie or product isn't just one idea, it's thousands, and most of them need to be done right for you to succeed, so you need a good team
- People are always remaking good movies; they should be remaking bad ones that were based on good ideas, but poorly executed
- People and how they function is more important than ideas
- It's very possible to misunderstand the reasons for your success
- What's important are the things that affect behavior
Plus insights into why people don't like to do post-mortems, gaming "the system", communication structure vs company structure, and why successful companies fail.